Visual actionflow builder
DronaHQ provides a very unique visual experience of building actionflows on any of your app events. There are times you might want to do a sequence of actions on a button click or a value change which can get complex with data queries, API calls, logic and data transformation, branching and iterating and then ending with some visual feedback like showing a toast or a popup.
You can access control and screen events by clicking on the lightning action on either the screen or the controls.
Types of events
DronaHQ has broadly 2 types of events and the rest are categorized inside these types:
- Screen_routing - This event fires when a routing change in the URL (For public apps) is detected. This fires before the screen_open event. Read more about it in screen routing.
- Screen_open - This event fires every time the screen opens. It can happen multiple times while using the app even when navigation to this screen happens.
- Screen_close - This event is the opposite of screen_open. It fires every time you navigate away from this screen.
- Control_click - This events is fired on clicking the control or parts of the control.
- Value_select - This events is generally associated with select type of controls like dropdowns or radios and is fired every time any option is selected.
- Value_change - This event is generally associated with input type of controls like textboxes and is fired every time a value changes. You can configure the debounce time in the properties.
- Focus_out - This event is generally associated with input type of controls like textboxes and is fired every time you focus out of the control and click outside.
- Enter_press - This event also is generally associated with input type of controls like searchbox and is fired every time you the user presses enter.
- Custom events - There are some custom events associated with controls like tablegrid (save_changes on table editing etc.) which let you explore the functionality of these control to the fullest.
Types of action blocks
On-Screen actions - These are actions which get executed on the screen itself without consuming any server-side resources.
- Edit - Options related to the app builder to duplicate or move actions or import the whole actionflow from some other event.
- Logic - All actions where you an write logic are grouped in this category. You will see branching, Iterations, JS code etc. here.
- Navigate - All actions related to navigating to screens, apps etc. are grouped in this category.
- Native - All mobile related native actions are here.
- App - All app and screen related actions are here.
- Dialogs - All kinds of dialogs including toasts, confirmation pop ups etc. are categorized in this group.
- Controls - All control relates data manipulations and other actions are here.
- Utility - All utilities like download files, confetti etc. are here.
- Data and Keywords - All data and keyword manipulation related actions are here.
Server side actions - These are actions which get executed at the server-side like connector API calls, DB queries.
- DronaHQ Services - All DronaHQ services like PDF creator, in-built file upload etc. are categorized in this category.
- Custom API connectors - All custom connected APIs will be grouped in this category.
- Custom DB connectors - All custom connected Databases will be grouped in this category.
- Ready third-party connectors - All ready third-party services' APIs provided by DronaHQ will be grouped in this category.
For cases where you need to insert or update into Databases or POST into an API call, you can also use the Data queries in the app builder with
only manual trigger setting and use the Action
Run data queries to fire that query on a particular action.