Firebase is a highly durable database that can scale automatically to handle your application’s load.
Firebase Configuration Details: Obtain the necessary configuration details from the Firebase console. Navigate to your Project settings and select the Service accounts tab. Click on the Firebase Admin SDK icon, and generate a new private key. This action will result in the download of a JSON file. Extract the Private key from the downloaded JSON file, as you will need it for configuring the Firebase Connector.
Optionally, Google Cloud Platform Account Key: If preferred, you can create an account key from your Google Cloud Platform (GCP) console. Follow these steps:
- Select a project in your GCP console.
- Click on "Create Service Account" and assign the role of "Firebase Admin."
- Opt for a JSON Key type and proceed to download the generated file. Ensure to keep this file accessible, as it will be required for configuring the connector.
Configuring Connector in DronaHQ
Configure your database category using the provided details. Validate connection with
Test connection and
settings for secure database setup.
|Firebase Database URL
|Enter the URL of your Firebase Realtime Database, e.g.,
|Paste the contents of the Private Key obtained from the Firebase console or GCP console.
value connection options in database configuration refer to specific settings (keys) and their corresponding values that dictate how the application connects to the database
|Enhance security by restricting database access to specific whitelisted IP addresses.
Adding Data Management Queries for Firebase Realtime Database
After successfully configuring the Firebase Realtime Database connector, you can adeptly manage data-related operations. Focus on adding queries that involve the "Append data to the list" action:
Define Query Name: Assign a distinctive name to your data management query. This name will serve as an identifier within your Connector Library, simplifying access and management.
Select Action - Append data to the list: Navigate to the Firebase Realtime Database connector options and choose the
Append data to the listaction. This action empowers you to seamlessly add new data entries to an existing list in your Firebase Realtime Database.
Configure Data Input: Define the data you want to append to the list. Input the necessary values, ensuring they align with the structure of the list you intend to update.
|Reference a specific path within the Firebase Realtime Database for data retrieval or manipulation.
|Define the order in which data is retrieved or displayed (e.g., ascending or descending).
|Specify the data value to be appended or updated within the Firebase Realtime Database.
Test and Execute: Prior to finalizing, conduct a test run to verify the query's functionality. Ensure that the appended data appears correctly within the designated list in your Firebase Realtime Database.
Use double curly brackets for dynamic variables. Test with sample values before saving. Link dynamic variables to controls/actions and more for runtime use.
Saved queries appear under your connector in Connector Library.
|Query Firebase data
|Retrieve data from the Firebase Realtime Database based on specified criteria.
|Add or update data at a specific path within the Firebase Realtime Database.
|Modify existing data at a specific path within the Firebase Realtime Database.
|Append data to the list
|Add new data to an existing list at a specific path within the Firebase Realtime Database.
|Remove data from a specific path within the Firebase Realtime Database.
Using Firebase Realtime Database Connector
Appending Data to a List
To append data to a list within the Firebase Realtime Database using the Firebase Realtime Database Connector, follow these steps:
Access Data Bind Section or Control Action:
- Navigate to the data bind section of the control.
Select Firebase Realtime Database Connector from
Data Bind Options -> Quick Select -> Data Queries:
- Choose Firebase Realtime Database Connector from the available options.
- Select the "Append data to a list" action to add new data to an existing list.
- Click on "Continue" to proceed.
Configure Data Input:
- Specify the Database Ref, which is the reference to the existing list where you want to append data.
- Provide the values to append as dynamic values. This can include any type of data, arrays, or objects.
Integrate with Controls and Actions:
- Integrate this query into your workflow by adding controls like a TextInput field for user input.
- Create an action flow that triggers the Connector action to append data.
- Configure the connector to pass the value from the TextInput control as input.